Tuesday 13 December 2011

First sight!!!???



It’s easy to recall with amazingly accurate detail, what she wore the first time i beheld her
I’ve always laughed at the term “Love at first sight”
Even scorned some friends saying “You have failed at your quest in  becoming a player”
But I must admit, they were very right
Her beauty alone
Melted my heart of stone
For the very first time, I was dumbfounded
My brain just stopped processing entirely
Right there and then, I knew I was gone
This beauty had me well grounded
It felt like time stood still completely
When she turned and i saw her beauty
In its entirety
From that moment onward, all I saw was her
Everything else in comparison was duller
She became the color in an otherwise dull view

Her curves perfectly accentuated by a blue jeans trouser
Pencil-mouthed, ending into black, obviously new designer shoes
A striped shirt that hugged her so well, I hoped to best it
With a cream-colored necklace to complementit
Her face looked too good to be true
It was just without blemish
To give her a name other than Goddess would be cruel
Her hazel eyes compelling me to make a wish
That I could one day look deep into them
And see into the crux of her very being
A nose that fits almost perfectly on her face
Her luscious lips that were faintly touched with gloss
Shining as she spoke
A chin that was just broad for her face to sit on
Yet so exquisitely shaped, it looked sculpted
She would effortlessly outshine a work of art
She was just too beautiful, beauty full

Just when I thought to stop gawking
Towards me she started walking
My heart nearly flew off my chest
Thumping far louder than the drums being played
I willed my face to look away
But it was as if it had developed a mind of its own
When our eyes met
My heart literally and figuratively stopped
Everything started happening in slow motion
Like the Bollywood movies
I wanted to sing
Though I had no lyrics
A song of Love
A song of Pain
A song of Hope
A song of  Joy
A song to soothe the ache I felt deep down

Then she spoke to me
And I must have zoned out completely
Her voice so soft, and sweet i felt diabetic
So melodiously natural
Her smile revealing a set of teeth perfectly formed
A pair of dimples that made me wish for mine
Cause they fit her so nicely
Coming out in time as if palnned
It wasn’t until she touched me that i realized
I haven”t answered her yet
She was asking if i was a first timer in church
But her touch felt so right
Her skin soft like a new born
Velvety like fresh clothing
I quickly recovered and answered smiling brilliantly back
“No, I’m not”
But  feeling a little stupid
Cause my description from a distance was so wrong
She surpassed it too well
That if Angels could be jealous and jealousy could kill
She’ll be dead over and over again
Perfectly formed face
A sweet figure eight
She doesn’t belong in this world
She belongs in a temple
Where she’ll be worshipped

Gone is the guy who thought “Love Sucked”
But here is a man who fell head over heels in Love
At first sight

No comments:

Post a Comment